In terms of dreaming, this summer is no exception. I want to have the students create a large student film festival at the end of the year. I want to create a quality weekly student newscast that we can put online for other classes to use with current events. I want to do a documentary project (something I haven't done the last two years) and I want it to be creative and insightful. I want to do some photodocumentary projects that go outside the walls of the classroom.
It's a week into the school year and now I'm seeing the pace again. I'm realizing that some of this might not happen. Or at least some of this might not happen as well as I had initially hoped. It's not just the time constraints. A part of it is the interests of the students.
It's for this reason that I've developed a list of what I know I believe I can actually accomplish on a regular basis:
- Create quality lessons for each day
- Work with students to develop rubrics that allow for both teacher and student evaluations
- Post a comment on each blog post from each student
- Develop a weekly student podcast
- Have students post daily on the Social Voice blog
- Meet with each student once a week in a short one-on-one conference
- Embed technology criticism and critical thinking into each unit